Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, policies and procedures have been put in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Every morning from 10 am - 10:30 am Dave and Maggie’s Center is open to patrons over the age of 55 and those with a compromised immune system only. Plexiglass partitions have been installed at check-out and all employees are provided with equipment to maintain the safest and healthiest environment for our community. The Center/Store is following the LA County Protocols for Retail Establishments Opening for in-person shopping Appendix B. As part of this, the number of customers in an indoor retail store must be low enough to ensure physical distancing but in no case more than 25% of the maximum occupancy of the retail capacity. The D&M Center/Store’s capacity is 60 so we will only allow up to a maximum of 15 customers to shop at a time. In addition, on an hourly basis during business hours, common areas and frequently touched objects in the customer pickup and payment areas/devices (e.g., tables, doorknobs, handles, credit card readers) are disinfected using EPA approved disinfectants.
Customers must wear masks that cover their faces and noses. If you feel sick, please do not enter the building. We thank you for your continued support during this time, stay safe!
Shop for Good!
Dave and Maggie's Center provides two benefits to the community: as a retail store offering staple and other goods at deeply discounted prices, and as a training center for youth aging out of foster care who need work experience to build their futures.
Dave and Maggie's Center is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Address: 1351 Palomares Ave., La Verne, CA 91750.
Phone: 909-596-5926 x3182
Sign-up for the Newsletter here!
Since 1990 Dave and Maggie's Center, formerly known as The Store at David & Margaret, has served as a resource for low-income families and bargain hunters alike. You never know what amazing deal you will find with new shipments of merchandise arriving frequently.
Youth aging out of foster care face many obstacles. Your patronage of the store creates new pathways and new opportunities for them as they age out of the foster care system.
- The Center offers multiple paid internships for foster youth who are ready to work but lack the skills and experience needed to land a job. Once these internships are completed youth have the support of an employment specialist to help them find an additional internship if needed, and/or to support them as the transition to permanent employment.
- The Center affords young adults aging out of foster care the opportunity to stretch their dollar while purchasing items they need to establish their new independent lives.
- The Center generates revenue that goes directly back to the programs at David & Margaret to support foster youth; renewing hope and inspiring change.
Youth aging out of foster care are in many ways, like other young adults, not quite ready to be out on their own. Unlike other young adults they face numerous other challenges such as:
- Nearly half of foster youth have learning disabilities or delays.
- Only 58% of young people in foster care graduate from high school.
- Only 3% graduate from college.
- Foster youth do not have the support and guidance of a family to help them navigate the road to adulthood.
- Half of youth who have aged out of foster care end up homeless or incarcerated*
Dave and Maggie's Center is a valuable resource for youth as they travel into adulthood.
*Statistics from Alliance for Children’s Rights.
- Does your business have surplus stock?
- Not sure what to do with your seconds or overruns?
- Looking to make a charitable donation of new goods?
We would love to hear from you.
You may reach us at 909-596-5921 x3182 or
Please contact Vicky Camarella