COMING SOON: WINTER 2020
Youth who have aged out of foster care have a variety of struggles and needs. The Compass Point Drop-In Center, opening Winter 2020, will face these issues head on and provide much needed resources to every transitional aged youth (TAY) in the surrounding communities.
These young adults have the same aspirations as their peers, but have to fight much harder to achieve them. Many are homeless, looking for work, and trying to attend school while lacking a foundation to make this possible. Compass Point will provide a safe space to meet the needs of the TAY, whatever those needs may be.
- a trauma-informed team designed to support TAY in learning independent living skills
- on-site representatives from supportive services such as WIC, ILP, LAHSA etc.
- on-site workforce training
- peer led groups
- full kitchen and stocked pantry
- laundry facilities and lockers
- full bathrooms and showers
- a computer lab with printer access
- a comfortable lounging area
- and more
These resources will enable transitional aged youth in the community to take care of their every day concerns so that they can learn the skills necessary to be self-sufficient, build their confidence and ultimately reach a level of success where they can be truly independent.