David & Margaret’s programs are built around a person-centered philosophy recognizing that every person is wonderfully unique. We believe those we serve are the experts and key decision-makers in their recovery process and our mission is to support them in their life’s journey by working collaboratively with them, their community, and their family supports and resources. We do this, remaining committed to the important core values upon which we were founded. Among the most important of these are integrity, mutual respect, knowledge, teamwork, choice and accountability, safety and service.
Our mission is a guidepost for the agency. It states, David & Margaret Youth and Family Services empowers children, youth and families through culturally diverse services that foster emotional, educational, spiritual and identity development.
David & Margaret remains committed to the important core values upon which we were founded. Among the most important of these are integrity, mutual respect, knowledge, teamwork, choice, and accountability, safety and service.
It is vital that we not only utilize these values as guideposts and encourage others to do likewise, but that we also incorporate the following beliefs in our service delivery:
- every individual is of great value and worth
- every individual has the right to love and be loved
- every individual has strengths
- every individual has the right to be cared for with dignity at all times
- every individual has the right and freedom to make choices
- every individual has the right and the responsibility to actively partner in the personal development process
This philosophy of care is a foundation of each program offered at David & Margaret. It is the vehicle to renew hope and inspire change for at-risk youth and families that seek out our services.