David & Margaret has been working closely with local government and the Department of Children and Family Services and is taking guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization to address concerns and prevent the spread of the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). David & Margaret is federally designated as an essential service provider and continues to deliver impactful services to the youth and families who rely on D&M.
In times of chaos and uncertainty, community access to social services is more essential than ever.
We will continue to provide services that renew hope and inspire change in the lives of at-risk youth and families in this community.
To ensure the health and safety of those receiving services, new protocols and guidelines have been set in place including:
- Limiting public access to the main campus, including suspending volunteer activities.
- Social distancing, Telecommuting for staff where possible, and handwashing and maintaining a 6-foot radius for all on campus.
- Continuing Foster Parent Orientations and Trainings with Zoom, Skype, phone calls and whatever technology works for you.
- Implementing additional precautionary measures at Dave and Maggie’s Center, including frequent deep cleanings in heavy-traffic areas
- Postponing all group actives, events, and get-togethers
More Information and Ways You Can Help
- Donate Supplies
- David & Margaret Food Bank Distribution Drive-Thru
- Family Resources
- David & Margaret COVID-19 Stories and Updates
- Foster Care and Adoption