La Verne, CA 91750
Phone: (909) 596-5921
Fax: (909) 596-7583
We are currently seeking an experienced Teaching Specialist to join our team at our school in La Verne, CA. You will help to oversee our classroom educational program and ensure that students are receiving the quality instruction they need. You will also join the rest of our staff in assisting with the healing, adjustment, and recovery of students who have often experienced major life challenges. If this sounds like the educational setting for you, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you! Contact us today!
As a Teaching Specialist, your main overall duty will be to provide an educational environment that promotes personal growth for your students. This will include planning, developing, organizing, and assisting in the operation of a comprehensive educational program for each student. The program is designed to provide them with the specialized assistance that they need in academic, social, and behavioral skill areas.
Your specific duties in this Special Education Teacher role include (but are not limited to):
1. Assisting in diagnosing academic needs and assessing student progress
2. Developing a repertoire of strategies to actively include diversity of student population
3. Motivating students with exceptional needs while developing awareness of each student’s emotional wellbeing
4. Developing, monitoring, and measuring short and long-range objectives in Individualized Educational Plans and providing documentation for progress reports
5. Implementing teaching strategies to fulfill objectives in I.E.P’s
6. Participating in Student Study team meetings
7. Participating in classroom team meetings to cooperatively establish and maintain effective systems
8. Participating in task force meetings to enhance program effectiveness
9. Performing other duties as necessary to maintain an effective and safe educational setting
Specific qualifications for this Special Education Teacher role include:
1. 2 years of experience in a Special Education setting
2. Valid California credentials for Moderate/Severe or Learning Disabilities/Emotional Disabilities with a autism background
3. High level of comfort teaching special education students in multiple subjects for students 1st – 8th grade and the ability to implement teaching strategies to fulfill objectives in I.E.P’s
4. Ability to provide crisis intervention services to emotional disturbed adolescent students
Have a truly positive effect on the students who need you the most!
General Maintenance Worker 40 hrs/wk
All around general maintenance for an adolescent female treatment facility. HVAC experience and knowledge of appliance repair is a plus. Must be able to pass criminal background investigation. All applicants must have a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record. This position offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more!
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pay rate: $ 10.10 - $16.00/hr. DOE
A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related behavioral science from an accredited college or university. LCSW, MFT, PsyD, or Clinical Psychologist licensure required. Must be able to supervise MFT Interns and Associate Clinical Social Workers. Five years experience in casework in a residential and/or foster care setting and or with three of those being in a supervisory position.
Salary Range: $68,000 - $91,800/yr.