La Verne, CA 91750
Phone: (909) 596-5921
Fax: (909) 596-7583
The clinical therapist will work in the Mental Health/FSP program. The full-time position will require at least two late nights between 7:00pm – 8:00pm per week.
This position offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more! Up to 40 hours of paid on-line training per year.
Brief Summary of Duties:
The clinical therapist will provide direct mental health services to children primarily in the FSP program and the typical ages are 5 - 15 years of age. Completes necessary clinical paperwork within required contractual and agency timelines. Must be comfortable providing services in homes, schools and the community.
Education, training and certification:
A Master’s degree in social work or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning is required. A license or ability to become licensed is required. Must maintain license or registration in good standing at all times. Have valid driver’s license and good driving record. It is expected that an unlicensed therapist will meet all requirements to become licensed and submit the required licensing paperwork to the respective board within two years of the hire date and/or a transferring staff falls under the grandfather clause in the Licensing Policy.
Bilingual in English/Spanish is required. Ability to work in Microsoft word and excel programs. Prior experience working with at-risk youth in a therapeutic setting with at least one year in either a residential facility and/or in an intensive services program is preferred. Must be able to relate well with others and have the ability to handle crisis situations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Teaching Specialist to join our team at our school in La Verne, CA. You will help to oversee our classroom educational program and ensure that students are receiving the quality instruction they need. You will also join the rest of our staff in assisting with the healing, adjustment, and recovery of students who have often experienced major life challenges. If this sounds like the educational setting for you, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you! Contact us today!
As a Teaching Specialist, your main overall duty will be to provide an educational environment that promotes personal growth for your students. This will include planning, developing, organizing, and assisting in the operation of a comprehensive educational program for each student. The program is designed to provide them with the specialized assistance that they need in academic, social, and behavioral skill areas.
Your specific duties in this Special Education Teacher role include (but are not limited to):
1. Assisting in diagnosing academic needs and assessing student progress
2. Developing a repertoire of strategies to actively include diversity of student population
3. Motivating students with exceptional needs while developing awareness of each student’s emotional wellbeing
4. Developing, monitoring, and measuring short and long-range objectives in Individualized Educational Plans and providing documentation for progress reports
5. Implementing teaching strategies to fulfill objectives in I.E.P’s
6. Participating in Student Study team meetings
7. Participating in classroom team meetings to cooperatively establish and maintain effective systems
8. Participating in task force meetings to enhance program effectiveness
9. Performing other duties as necessary to maintain an effective and safe educational setting
Specific qualifications for this Special Education Teacher role include:
1. 2 years of experience in a Special Education setting
2. Valid California credentials for Moderate/Severe or Learning Disabilities/Emotional Disabilities with a autism background
3. High level of comfort teaching special education students in multiple subjects for students 1st – 8th grade and the ability to implement teaching strategies to fulfill objectives in I.E.P’s
4. Ability to provide crisis intervention services to emotional disturbed adolescent students
Have a truly positive effect on the students who need you the most!
General Maintenance Worker 40 hrs/wk
All around general maintenance for an adolescent female treatment facility. HVAC experience and knowledge of appliance repair is a plus. Must be able to pass criminal background investigation. All applicants must have a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record. This position offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more!
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pay rate: $ 10.10 - $16.00/hr. DOE
A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related behavioral science from an accredited college or university. LCSW, MFT, PsyD, or Clinical Psychologist licensure required. Must be able to supervise MFT Interns and Associate Clinical Social Workers. Five years experience in casework in a residential and/or foster care setting and or with three of those being in a supervisory position.
Salary Range: $68,000 - $91,800/yr.
A successful candidate will have good verbal and written skills. Must be able to be an effective public speaker. Able to pass test for bilingual capability. Ability to perform home studies and case management duties. Must be able to positively interact and engage with youth and foster and biological families. Strong knowledge and experience in trauma-based care is needed. Must be able to have the ability to handle crisis situations. Will participate with the on-call 24/7 rotation system within the department.
Pay Rate: $18.50 per hour
CASE MANAGER - BILINGUAL
Description of Duties:
The case manager is responsible for the protection, care, and supervision of the youth and families on hi...s/her caseload and under the program as a whole. Performs mental health services, crisis intervention, and case management as directed by a licensed/licensed eligible clinician. Leads, or co-leads educational/training activities. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team or program. Works with the youth and family often times in the home and/or school environment.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
1. Function as primary service provider including the below duties:
• Develop and update service plans for assigned caseload;
• Exhibit awareness of changes in service needs and inform coordinator as appropriate;
• Documentation and maintenance of records as required and as credentialed, including attendance records, daily visit logs, daily and/or weekly interdisciplinary notes and maintenance of assigned records, daily visit logs, daily and/or weekly interdisciplinary notes and maintenance of assigned clients’ program schedules.
2. Participation in therapeutic treatment/meetings/child/family team meetings.
3. Plan, coordinate, and implement services with the youth/family, team members (internal/external).
4. Attend all required staff, treatment planning, and in-service meetings.
5. Fill in for absent co-workers by functioning as interim primary service provider, group leader, chart manager.
6. Assist with transportation as necessary or assigned.
7. On-call 24/7 for youth/families enrolled in services as required.
8. Is expected to be able to work a flexible schedule with at least 2 nights a week till (7:30 PM and possibly more if needed). May need to work weekends in the future.
9. Is expected to provide clinical services in the community (e.g. in the home, school, etc.).
10. Maintain productivity level of 90 hours a month on average for the year of clinical services.
11. Satisfactorily performs other duties as assigned.
Education, training and certification: Bilingual/Spanish
A bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning is preferred. Consideration will be given to an AA degree and prior residential experience. Must be bilingual in English/Spanish. Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Must have at least 4 years experience working with at-risk youth and families It is preferred that at least one of the above years is in either a youth residential setting or in an intensive services program such as Wraparound/SOC/Family Preservation. Also highly desirable is knowledge and experience in substance use/intervention/treatment strategies.
Pay Range: $13.59 - $20.25/hr (DOE, depending on education and experience)